- Download Poster Guidelines
- Size Limitations for Regular Posters: No larger than 47-inches high and 95-inches wide (120 cm high by 240 cm wide). This is the size of the poster board. Do not exceed the size of the poster board.
- Write your presentation concisely, and keep captions brief. The poster should be self‐explanatory so that you are free to supplement the information and discuss particular points raised by questions during the poster session.
- Format of poster is LANDSCAPE (horizontal).
- Place heading in large‐sized type at the top of the board.
- List the title and all authors.
- All material should be readable from distances of three feet or more.
- You are strongly encouraged to use a type that is at least 3/8" high (22 pt. minimum).
- Use bold type to ensure legibility.
- Make all print very dark (preferably block style) on a very light (preferably white) background. Use letters, arrows, numbers, or other devices to show those who will be viewing your poster the preferred sequence in which your poster should be reviewed.
- Charts, drawings, and illustrations should be similar to those you would use in making power point slides.
- If photographs are used, have them processed with a matte or dull finish.
- Please clearly print one email address on your poster for attendees to refer to should they have any questions or comments at a time when you are not standing with your poster. If you do not wish to print your own email address, please list another email address for an appropriate contact person for your abstract.
- The poster can either be made on one sheet (rollup) or in several small sections. Do NOT mount illustrations on heavy cardboard because they may be difficult to keep in position on the poster board.
Inclusion of Quick Response (QR) Codes: If you choose to include a Quick Response (QR) Code on your poster, you must also include the following disclaimer on both print and electronic versions of your poster: "Copies of this poster obtained through Quick Response (QR) Code are for personal use only and may not be reproduced without permission from ASCO® and the author of this poster." Written authorization is not required, unless your QR code links to the full text of your abstract, which would be considered a reprint. For questions, please contact us.
Special Note on Use of Commercial Materials: ASCO is committed to minimizing commercial bias in poster presentations and handouts. Poster presentations and handouts should not contain any of the following: commercial logos, company names, brand or proprietary drug names. Cooperative groups, hospitals, and non-profit company logos are permitted.
In an effort to make the meeting experience as seamless as possible, ASCO is pleased to provide a convenient, competitively priced poster printing service that allows electronic submission of posters for printing and on-site pick up at the Meeting. Additionally, this poster printing service, provided by Call4Posters, offers PowerPoint templates at no-cost to help build a poster.
To Upload a Poster and Use the Printing Services:
- The first author must log into the Speaker Center Website. Please note the abstract details will only appear in the Speaker Center portal for the first author of an abstract. Once the first author logs in, click the "My Presentations" link on the left-navigation bar. Scroll down to the "Poster Resources" box, and click "Order Printed Poster."
- Posters ordered through ASCO's vendor, Call4Posters, can be picked up at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge next to the Poster Assistance Desk.
- Poster Printing Price List
- Poster Printing FAQs
- Call4Posters Customer Service: If you have any questions as you prepare your poster, Customer Support is available to help via email or phone (1-800-450-4194 or 507-323-8500) from 8:00 AM - 4:00 PM (EST), Monday through Friday. Please be sure to include the abstract number and first author's name in your inquiry.
Poster Ordering Deadlines: To ensure your poster is ordered and shipped directly to the meeting, please complete your order by September 25, 2018 at 9:00 AM ET. Orders received after this time, but before September 26, 2018 at 9 AM ET will incur a rush fee.
Meeting Videos and Slides are a great opportunity to share your study results with thousands of oncology providers beyond those who attended the meeting. If you are planning to participate in the Meeting Videos and Slides, please upload your poster by Saturday, September 29, 2018, through the Speaker Center website. To upload your ePoster, please have the first author log into the Speaker Center website, select "My Presentations" on the left-hand navigation, then select the abstract title. Click the Upload button to locate and save your PDF file to the site. (Only PDF files are accepted.)
- The presenting author is required to be present during the scheduled poster session.
- You can hang your poster approximately 30 minutes before the Poster Session begins.
- Use Velcro (available onsite at each board) to affix your poster. You will NOT be allowed to use glue, tape, paint, or staples on the poster boards.
- Handouts of your poster may be available for distribution if you prefer.
- Remove your poster at the end of your scheduled session. If you do not remove your poster during the removal time, your poster will be automatically removed and placed in the red Poster Reclaim Bin. Posters left in the red Poster Reclaim Bin will be discarded at the end of the Meeting.
|Poster Hanging and Removal Schedule|
|Friday, September 28||Saturday, September 29|
|Hang poster: 7:00 AM-11:30 AM||Hang poster: 6:30 AM-7:00 AM|
|Poster Session: 11:30 AM- 1:00 PM and 5:15 PM- 6:15 PM||Poster Session: 7:00 AM-8:00 AM and 11:30 AM- 1:00 PM|
|Remove poster: 6:15 PM- 6:30 PM||Remove poster: 1:00 PM- 1:15 PM|